Our Mission is to provide decent affordable social rented housing for the people of Jersey.
Our Values are encapsulated in the word “Trust”:
- Transforming – setting new standards for social rented housing provision;
- Respect for our community and environment;
- Understanding the needs of our tenants and their families;
- Strength of purpose and determination;
- Teamwork – working together to make a difference.
Our vision is to be a major force in procuring, developing and acquiring affordable homes of quality. We are, and intend to remain, the largest independent provider of social rented housing in Jersey. We aim to be a model landlord and efficient manager of our properties.
We shall regularly update the policies and the means by which we achieve our vision, working with the Minister of Housing to define and share objectives.
Our current objectives:
- To procure and develop schemes of merit to help meet the housing need in Jersey, in accordance with the policies of the Strategic Housing Unit and the objectives of its Housing Strategy, in such endeavour.
- Having successfully constructed a portfolio of over 750 homes since our inception, to aspire to repeat this level of development over the next 15 to 20 years. (Developments must meet prudent financial requirements of viability and the financial commitments arising from funding solutions.)
- To protect the value of our properties and the integrity of our financial reporting through excellent management and maintenance procedures whilst obtaining best value.
- To manage our tenancies with high regard to the interests and welfare of our tenants and to achieve the highest possible adherence to regulatory standards.
- To engage with other social rented housing providers and the Strategic Housing Unit in developing policies, standards, transparency and regulatory procedures for the continued growth, reputation and success of the social housing sector.