Covid-19 Notice

Reassurance to tenants of the Jersey Homes Trust.

COVID-19 Crisis;
26 March 2020.

The Jersey Homes Trust is a responsible and compassionate housing provider. We are used to working with those of our tenants who may have financial difficulties from time to time.

During the Coronavirus (Covid-19) crisis we recognise that some tenants will experience delays or interruptions in their income and prompt payment of rental may be affected. In such cases it is important to contact our Managers and to explain the problem. You will find us helpful and understanding.

In all normal circumstances we expect you to continue to pay your rent when it is due.

If you are laid off from work you should contact Customer & Local Services to make a claim for Income Support, which will assist you to pay your rent. Existing Income support claimants should contact Income Support by email with details of any change in circumstances.

The Jersey Homes Trust does not intend to evict tenants who go into rent arrears because of Covid-19.

Finally, we are happy to announce that Trustees have decided;

until further notice, the Trust will not implement rental increases that fall due.

Michael Van Neste
Jersey Homes Trust

Anti-social behaviour


Everyone has the right to live peacefully in their home. It is a condition of your Tenancy Agreement that you do not create nuisance or disturbance to your neighbours so please show consideration and respect for others. Examples of behaviour that may upset other people and prevent them enjoying life in their home can include excessive noise from televisions, banging doors and raised voices. Your neighbours should not be able to hear any music, radios, TVs etc. from your property at any time, even during the day as many tenants are on shift work and sleep during the day. Please do not smoke on stairwells, landings and balconies and in corridors and lifts. Please ensure that your children do not cause a nuisance to neighbours.

If you do have a dispute with another tenant please try and resolve it amicably. If that is not possible then contact our Managers. If they are unable to assist they may put you in touch with the Honorary Police. If the problem is unsociable behaviour you can contact the Community Policing Team of the States of Jersey Police. If noise is an issue, then get in touch with the States of Jersey Environmental Health Department.